Goshen’s Emerging Leaders
What is GEL?
We are a group of focused and driven emerging leaders (between the ages of 19-40). We want to establish business connections with other young professionals living in our area. We want to help create a path for the next generation to obtain professional success, through leadership, mentorship, education, and service.
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for more recent up-to-date information regarding GEL!
- Goshen is a town of creativity and culture. Our goal is to make each young professional stand out in his or her local profession.
- Create a network of young energetic professionals that care about the community and are willing to donate their time for community projects.
- We want to cultivate a network of mentorship between professionals and schools to show them what the Goshen area can offer them.
- Our goal is to create an inviting and diverse group of young professionals who make meaningful connections, foster ideas and form lifelong friendships.
Do you want to be 1 in 5 million or 1 in 32,000?
How can you get involved?
We are looking for motivated members who want to help the next workforce generation grow while creating a network of emerging leaders in Goshen. As a YPG member you can:
- Allow students to do a job shadow at your workplace
- Talk at a class about your career, encouraging students to engage by asking questions and reaching out
- Advertise internship opportunities for high school and college students
- Be a career counselor or mentor high school and college students
- Help grow our network of young professionals in the Michiana Area
Beyond helping teachers and students get more real-world business experience, The Goshen’s Emerging Leaders is dedicated to offering its membership base to volunteer for community-based projects.
- We will connect members to as many volunteer opportunities throughout Elkhart County and Goshen
- Community project leaders can tap into the GEL group to find volunteers
- Our events focus on one of our four pillars, Networking, Mentoring, and Community Service. We try to alternate the focus of the event every other month. Please check back soon for a list of events or follow us on Facebook for more recent up-to-date information regarding GEL!